Your home is made of several critical systems that allow you to live like a modern human. The plumbing system is one of these vital systems that help protect you by providing clean water and flushing away waste. Your plumbing also makes you comfortable by providing you with warm water for carrying out your daily routine. When you think about the amount of work that your plumbing system does, it's no surprise that it needs some attention from time to time.
At HomePro Plumbing, we strive to keep your Saint Louis Park household running its best. We know how frustrating it is when you rely on your plumbing and it fails you. That’s why we are committed to providing fast, accurate solutions when you need them most.
Don’t just take our word for it! Visit our reviews page to hear from homeowners in your area.
Preventing Common Plumbing Problems
To keep plumbing emergencies at bay, it’s important to learn the best practices to protect your plumbing. Consider taking these small steps to stop problems before they start:
- Discard food scraps and kitchen grease in the garbage.
- Flush only toilet paper and waste.
- Install hair traps in sinks and bathtubs.
- Schedule routine drain service with HomePro Plumbing.
- Have a plumber inspect and replace your pressure regulator.
- Invest in routine water heater maintenance.
When you follow these guidelines, you will greatly lessen the likelihood that you will have trouble. However, if you do not you may open yourself up to further problems. Problems that result from poor plumbing care can include:
- Frequent clogs
- Failed garbage disposal
- Sewer backups
- Burst pipes
- Pipe leaks
- Bad odors from drains
- Failed hot water heaters
Taking care of what you have is always more cost-effective than paying for repairs. By practicing good habits with your plumbing and partnering with HomePro Plumbing, you can ensure that your repair bills will stay low and your plumbing will continue to be reliable.
Types of Water Heaters
There several variations of water heaters that are available on the market today. Hot water tanks are the conventional choice when it comes to water heating. Hot water tanks are powered by either electricity, gas, or propane. Depending on the fuel source, different problems can occur.
- Electric water heaters: These systems use resistance coils to heat the water inside of the tank before you use it. Electric water heaters can burn out the coils after years of use. Fortunately, the heating elements are quick and easy to replace.
- Gas or propane: Gas or propane water heaters use a burner that heats up the water in the tank. Because of the dangers of using gas inside the home, these tanks are equipped with safety features that can go bad and prevent the heater from working. Burner assemblies can be easily troubleshot and replaced if they need it.
- Tankless water heaters: Also known as instant or point of use water heaters, tankless systems are gaining popularity in the market today. These on-demand systems provide instant hot water at the turn of the faucet. They come in both gas and electric power and can lower utility usage because they don’t run in standby.
Routine maintenance is important to protecting tankless water heaters. Be sure to ask your technician about our membership plans!
Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning
The drains in your sinks and bathtubs do a lot of work to carry soiled water away. Because of the stuff that gets washed down your drains, they can easily become clogged. Signs that you’re dealing with clogged drains are:
- Slow-moving or standing water
- Gurgling noise
- Foul odors
At HomePro Plumbing, we are a drain cleaning company providing clogged drain repair. Preventing the accumulation of debris in your drain is key. That’s why we also offer our clog prevention services to keep your drains from fouling up over time.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription