Enjoy the Self-Care of a Valentine’s Day Bath
In today’s fast-paced society it is important for people to learn how to relax. With everything that is going on, people need to take time for themselves for the good of their own health. One of the assets in the war against stress is something that everyone has access to; a relaxing bathroom.
Taking some time to soak in a bath is one of the best ways to relax. While most people have access to a bathtub, it can be a good idea to consider how to maximize its potential. If a bathroom is old and out-dated it can be improved by installing a new bathtub or shower. With a new bathtub or shower installation, homeowners can create a stress-free oasis and improve the value of their property.
Different Types of Bathtubs
When deciding to install a new bathtub, it’s helpful to understand the options. Different types of bathtubs have different features and will contribute greatly to the overall feel of the space once the installation is completed. Four popular choices for bathtub styles are:
- Freestanding: Reminiscent of clawfoot tubs, freestanding tubs sit away from the wall and are very stylish. They are intended for long relaxing soaks.
- Whirlpool: Whirlpool tubs have integrated water or air jets to help relieve sore muscles.
- Platform: Platform tubs are designed to be stylish centerpieces in a bathroom. They are unfinished on all sides so they can be tile and decorated around.
- Walk-in: For seniors or people with accessibility needs, a walk-in tub can provide the ease-of-access so they can enjoy a long soak with peace of mind.
Tips for Relaxation
Modern society has no shortage of stressors so to live a balanced and harmonious life it is helpful to be intentional about relaxation. Valentine’s Day is a good day to set aside time to take special steps to be deliberate about relaxation. One of the things that many people like to do is spend time alone in a relaxing bath. Instead of rushing out for flowers and dinner along with everyone else, save that for another day and spend some time relaxing.
Some good ideas to help unwind during a bath are:
- Installing colored LEDs for chromotherapy
- Using candles or essential oils for aromatherapy
- Putting Epsom salt in the bath to ease soreness
- Playing relaxing music
- Breathing deeply or meditating
Not a Bath Person? Take a Shower!
Baths aren’t for everyone so having a separate shower can greatly enhance the utility of a bathroom. New showers can be great showpieces that accentuate the style of a bathroom as well as enhance the user’s experience.
For relaxation purposes, showers can be just as great as baths. For the homeowner looking to have a new shower installed, it is important to think about the design elements and fixtures that will be installed along with the shower. Design elements can be things such as glass doors, tile, faucets, and showerheads. By designing and installing a great shower a bathroom can be updated and comfortable for years to come.
About Home Pro Plumbing
Home Pro Plumbing services Minneapolis/ St. Paul and the surrounding areas with exceptional customer service. Their technicians are committed to excellent workmanship. With upfront pricing, they work with customers so they know exactly what a job will cost before they start. Contact HomePro Plumbing today to get help designing a bathroom in the Twin Cities metro area.