The last thing you want to have to worry about during a thunderstorm is whether or not your basement will flood. Installing a sump pump can prepare your home for the worst. HomePro Plumbing is the plumbing company Minneapolis-St. Paul trusts most for their sump pump repair and installation needs. We’ll be there for you when you need us most and offer same-day and next day service!
Anytime you need plumbing maintenance done in your home, you can call our experts at HomePro Plumbing.
How Do Sump Pumps Work?
Sump pumps are a great way to stay dry during a thunderstorm. Not only that, but you no longer have to be on the lookout for a possible thunderstorm to buy yourself enough time to prepare your house. You don’t have to prepare your home at all, the sump pump turns on automatically to keep your home dry even during the most severe thunderstorms.
These devices work by:
- The small tank is installed into your basement or crawlspace.
- When it rains, the tank fills with water.
- Once the water reaches a certain point, the tank releases the water.
- The water is pumped away from the home.
The rainwater that gets absorbed by the soil can make its way into the sump pump and get pumped away as well. This helps to preserve the foundation of the home.
The Different Types of Sump Pumps and Their Benefits
There are three primary sump pump types. These types include:
- Pedestal: The motor is outside the sump basin, mounted on the shaft. This one is ideal for smaller sump pits.
- Submersible: The motor is sealed inside the sump basin. This type is submerged below the water level.
- Battery Back-up: This type will turn on automatically during power outages or when the water exceeds the water line in the main pump. This is a great back-up option to ensure you stay protected in the event of a main pump failure.
The type you choose will be dependent upon your home’s needs. Our Minneapolis-St. Paul sump pump experts will always inspect your existing system and find the ideal unit for your home.
Stop your home from flooding by cleaning out your pipes from clogs with our drain cleaning services!
Protecting Your Home From Water Damage
Protecting your home from water damage is extremely important to maintaining the integrity of your home. Taking the necessary precautions to protect your house from water damage might seem a little costly at first. However, the money you invest now to protect your home later will end up saving you money in the long run.
A sump pump is not an inexpensive appliance, but it will save you money in damaged furniture, appliances, and fixtures over time. This is especially true if you have a back-up sump pump. You can never do too much to try to protect your home from water damage.
Consult with our experts at HomePro Plumbing for knowledgeable advice about your next sump pump installation or replacement.