Your toilet is one of your most used plumbing fixtures, so proper maintenance and timely repair is a necessity. Having a professional plumber come out once a year for maintenance may help reduce your risk of clogged toilets. Still, it will happen from time to time, and when it does, your trusted Minneapolis-St. Paul plumbers at HomePro Plumbing are here to help!
Don’t let clogged drains interrupt your life. Call us today to schedule an appointment for a camera pipe inspection.
Why Is Your Toilet Clogging?
The pipes in your plumbing system aren’t very wide at all. If a little too much toilet paper or anything that doesn’t belong in the toilet gets stuck in the pipe, it is a recipe for a clog. It is best to avoid flushing the following to prevent them:
- Baby wipes and other products
- Feminine care products
Aside from flushing items that don’t belong in the toilet, there are other reasons toilets can clog, such as issues deeper in your sewer line. That’s why it is crucial to call us if you notice a clog that you can’t easily plunge away.
Common sewer line issues that result in toilet clogs include:
- If you live in a neighborhood and one of your neighbors is having sewer line issues, it could back up into your toilet
- Broken or cracked pipes
- Corroded pipes
- Tree roots growing into pipes
Common Ways to Repair a Toilet
One of the easiest and most obvious ways to fix a clog is to first try and plunge it. If the clog goes away, consider yourself lucky! Just be careful with the plunger and do not apply too much pressure as it can damage the drain line connection.
A few other common ways to repair a toilet include:
- Checking the back of the toilet and replace the toilet fill valve.
- Remove the toilet and replace the wax ring.
- Tighten the flush handle if the toilet keeps running.
- A plumbing snake to reach clogs that are deeper in the pipe.
If your toilet is clogged, you run a higher risk of the water pressure breaking the seal on the toilet and causing a leak. Or worse, the pressure is too much for the pipe to handle and it breaks. This could quickly lead to expensive repairs. Our licensed plumbers can diagnose a problem quickly and safely eradicate it to ensure your home is always in excellent working condition.
Annual plumbing maintenance can prevent larger, more expensive problems in the future. Give us a call to schedule yours!
The Benefits of Toilet Upgrades
The benefits of upgrading your toilet are seemingly endless. If your toilet is old or seems to be clogging more frequently, it might be time for a new one.
Some benefits to replacing your toilet include:
- Improve the aesthetic and functionality of your bathroom.
- Add property value to your home.
- Save water - Newer model toilets use less water when flushing.
- Ensure there will be no problems with your toilet anytime soon.
No matter your toilet plumbing needs, you can count on HomePro Plumbing for reliable advice, same-day service, and professional care.